Monday, January 10, 2011

Proposal for Lead Project #2

Executive Summary:
My second project is to advertise the Ballroom Dance class on mondays after school.  The number of students taking the class has decreased since it started, and I think it's because less people know about it.  I want to make sure everyone who would like to join knows about it, and it would be good to convince other people to do it too.  I will be using flyers or posters, and the NotAM, and when I get a group together we can come up with some other ways to advertise it.

Need:
When it started, the Ballroom Dance after school class had around 50 students.  Now there are less than 20.  Ballroom dance is a very fun activity and is a good opportunity to meet people.  It's also a good skill to learn.  I think the reason for the small number of students at Ballroom is that not enough people know about it.

Objective:
The goal of this project is to get more people to join Ballroom.  The more people, the better.  I can't force anyone to do it, so success will be measured by the amount of people I inform of Ballroom, rather than how many more people join.
Short-term objectives: make flyers, put a message in the NotAM, talk to individual people about Ballroom
Long-term objectives: get more people to join Ballroom

Method:
I'm going to achieve the goal of this project by informing people about Ballroom, using flyers/posters, and the NotAM.  There are other ways, and my group members might be able to suggest some.
Short term objectives: post flyers/posters, get permission to put it in the NotAM, think of other ideas
Long term objectives: bring more members into the class

Evaluation:
I will know the project was effective if more people join Ballroom.
Qualifications:
My previous project was similar to this one.  I created flyers.  I am the only candidate for this project because no one else thought of it.

Timetable:
I need to get this done by the end of the semester, so I should get a group together by the end of this week, we'll discuss ideas, and then the next week we'll get to work.

Budget:
We probably won't have to pay any money, unless we come up with more ideas to advertise.

Conclusion:
This project is worthwhile because some people would like to join the Ballroom Dance class if they knew about it, but it doesn't seem like a lot of people know about it.  This class is a great opportunity to get free lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment